In this episode, I am interviewing Sandra Zemke. She is a former consultant and works at a large DAX company in Germany.
We talk about:
- Her leadership journey from an IT project manager motivating people in a big matrix organisation without a hierarchical responsibility to her first leadership role managing right away 25 team members spread across 3 countries.
- Concrete tips for first-time leaders on how to structure your routines between operational topics as well as leadership responsibilities enabling all of your team members time with you
- What supported her in this challenge: the importance of sponsors, peer support and how a coaching and team development workshops at the beginning helped her to have more impact.
- Sandra’s leadership style is very much focused on strengths which impacts how she tackles also “challenging” team members with authenticity
- Lastly, we speak about what Sandra does for her own development as leader and what being brave and actively contacting possible C-level mentors via LinkedIn has to do with it!